...And Don't Forget to Breathe
|...And Don't Forget to Breathe|
|Studio album by A Static Lullaby|
|Released||January 28, 2003|
|Recorded||Water Music, Hoboken, New Jersey; Technical Extacy, New Brunswick, New Jersey|
|A Static Lullaby chronology|
|Singles from ...And Don't Forget to Breathe|
...And Don't Forget to Breathe is the debut album by the post-hardcore band A Static Lullaby. On the original release, the title was misspelled as '...And Don't Forget to Breath'. This was corrected in a re-release.
Music videos were made for the songs "Lipgloss and Letdown" and "The Shooting Star That Destroyed Us."
"Love to Hate, Hate to Me" (under the title "Love to Hate, Hate to Love"), "The Shooting Star That Destroyed Us", "A Sip of Wine Chased With Cyanide" and "Charred Fields of Snow" were first released on the band's self-titled debut EP.
The songs "Withered", "Lipgloss and Letdown" and "Song for a Broken Heart" originally appeared on the band's 2002 demo Withered and were re-recorded for this album.
Allmusic reviewer Kurt Morris gave the album a mixed to favorable review, comparing the band to the likes of Thursday. He complemented the vocal work and the melodies. Morris singled out "A Sip of Wine Chased with Cyanide" calling it the best track on the album, mainly for its guitar work. Morris concluded his review by saying the album will grow on the listener with each additional listen.
A Punknews.org staff reviewer also gave the album a mixed to favorable review. He compared the band to Glassjaw and Drive-Thru Records artists. He stated the music was "good, just derivative as hell". The reviewer said the song "A Sip of Wine Chased with Cyanide" came across as a rip-off of At the Drive-In's "One Armed Scissor".
All lyrics written by Dan Arnold, all music composed by A Static Lullaby
|1.||"Nightmares Win 6-0"||2:43|
|2.||"Love to Hate, Hate to Me"||3:42|
|4.||"Lipgloss and Letdown"||4:13|
|5.||"A Sip of Wine Chased with Cyanide"||5:14|
|6.||"We Go to Eleven"||4:22|
|7.||"The Shooting Star That Destroyed Us"||4:36|
|8.||"A Song for a Broken Heart"||4:01|
|9.||"Annunciate While You Masticate"||2:52|
|10.||"Charred Fields of Snow"||4:50|
- Joe Brown - unclean vocals
- Dan Arnold - clean vocals, piano, rhythm guitar
- Nate Lindeman - lead guitar
- Phil Pirrone - bass guitar, clean vocals
- Brett Dinovo - drums, percussion
- "Amazon.com: Don't Forget to Breathe: Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- ...And Don't Forget to Breathe at AllMusic
- "A Static Lullaby - Lipgloss And Letdown (CD) at Discogs". Discogs. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "A Static Lullaby-And Don't Forget to Breathe". Punknews. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- "A Static Lullaby - A Static Lullaby (CD) at Discogs". Discogs. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "A Static Lullaby Withered (EP)". Spirit of Metal. Retrieved January 14, 2014.