|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science|
|Sponsor||University of Latvia|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Latvia|
|Actual use||Popular in Latvia|
|Registration restrictions||None (some subdomains may have restrictions)|
|Structure||Registrations are accepted directly at the second level and also at the third level beneath various second-level labels|
|Documents||General rules; .gov.lv policy|
|Dispute policies||Dispute resolution policy|
Registration is permitted at the second level, and this is the form of registration currently encouraged by the registry; however, registrations are also accepted at the third level beneath a number of subdomains:
- .com.lv - commercial entities
- .edu.lv - educational institutions
- .gov.lv - government and semi-government entities.
- .org.lv - various forms of affiliation groups
- .mil.lv - defense entities of Latvia
- .id.lv - individuals
- .net.lv - network infrastructure providers
- .asn.lv - associations
- .conf.lv - conferences and exhibitions requiring short duration Internet connectivity
Registration is open to foreigners, though the dispute policy says that precedence is generally given to domestic users. There does not appear to be much non-Latvian use of this TLD; exceptions include a few sites apparently using it to suggest Las Vegas—much as .la is used for Los Angeles—or “love”—as in “my.lv,” “we.lv,” or “true.lv”—but these types of usage are not widespread.
- Fenton, Justin (February 28, 2012). "Bodog founder, operators federally indicted in Maryland". baltimoresun.com. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|