|Introduced||October 27, 2015|
|TLD type||Generic top-level domain|
|Intended use||Information and support about Apple products|
|Actual use||Used for promotional and practical purposes by Apple|
|Registered domains||25 (18 May 2020)|
|Registration restrictions||Domains can be registered exclusively by Apple|
In Apple's application for the gTLD, Apple stated that their intentions were to "provide consumers with another opportunity to learn about Apple, and its products and services".
Apple created the microsite "experience.apple" in 2018 as part of a marketing campaign to promote the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. The site featured 3D capabilities, where users could tilt their device around to view a 3D model for the iPhones.
- ".APPLE - New gTLD - Top Level Domain Statistics".
- "IANA — Delegation Report for .apple". www.iana.org. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- McCarthy, Kieren. "Look out, world! Apple is about to launch .apple". The Register. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- Rossignol, Joe. "New iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max 'Experience' Website Puts '.Apple' Top-Level Domain to Use". macrumors.com. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "Apple Launches iPhone XS Microsite Using .Apple Domain". iClarified. Retrieved 18 May 2020.