This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Headquarters||Bellevue, Washington, U.S.|
|Key people||Bruce Jaffe, CEO|
Paul Stahura, Co-founder and Executive Chair
Jonathon Nevett, Co-founder
David Rostov, CFO
|Alexa rank||260,769 (November 2016[update])|
Donuts Inc. is a domain name registry with a portfolio of 242 new generic top-level domains (gTLDs), as made possible by ICANN's gTLD expansion program. It was co-founded in 2010 by Paul Stahura, Jonathon Nevett, Richard Tindal, and Daniel Schindler. The company's headquarters are located in Bellevue, Washington.
In September 2012, Donuts was ranked #14 in The Wall Street Journal's Top 50 Start-Ups for 2012. It was also the newest start-up on the list. In 2017, founding CEO Paul Stahura became Executive Chair of the board of directors, and board member Bruce Jaffe became CEO. In July 2017, Donuts acquired Rightside, further augmenting its top-level domain portfolio, and was ranked #1 on the Deloitte Fast 500 North America list.
In March 2020, Donuts named Mina Neuberg as its new Chief Marketing Officer.
- "donuts.domains Site Overview". Alexa Internet. Retrieved November 21, 2016.
- Looking for the 'Next Big Thing'? Ranking the Top 50 Start-Ups, Online.WSJ.com. Published September 2012.
- "Top five 2017 North America Fast 500 winners". Deloitte. Retrieved November 24, 2017.
- "Abry Partners Enters Into Agreement to Invest Majority Stake in Donuts Inc". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
- "Donuts hires CMO, signifying upshift in marketing strategy". Domain Name Wire | Domain Name News. March 3, 2020. Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- Murphy, Kevin (March 11, 2018). "Donuts scraps 200 companies, consolidates under Binky Moon". DomainIncite. Retrieved September 13, 2020.