|Introduced||21 September 2007|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Saint Barthélemy|
|Actual use||Not available for use|
|Registration restrictions||Not available for registration|
.bl is an assigned Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) that was to be created for Saint Barthélemy, following the decision on 21 September 2007 by the ISO 3166 Maintenance Agency to allocate BL as the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code for Saint Barthélemy. This decision followed Saint Barthélemy's new status as an Overseas collectivity of France which took effect on 15 July 2007. Currently Saint Barthélemy uses Guadeloupe's ccTLD, .gp and France's ccTLD, .fr.
- ISO 3166-1 Newsletter VI-1 (21 September 2007): Assignment of code elements for Saint Barthélemy and Saint Martin and update of France and other French Territories. 21 September 2007. Accessed 14 October 2007.
- Lucot, Cécile (3 August 2007). "Bruno Magras Elected President of the COM". Local News from St-Barths by Cecile Lucot. Retrieved 14 October 2007.
In fact, that Sunday, 15 July, was the day that Saint Barth officially became a COM—Overseas Collectivity—with its new governing body.
- CIA - The World Factbook -- Saint Barthelemy: Communications. 18 October 2007. Accessed 22 October 2007. ".bl; note - .gp, the ccTLD for Guadeloupe, and .fr, the ccTLD for France, might also be encountered"
- ISO 3166-2:BL
- Internet in France
- .gp –CC TLD for the Guadeloupe
- .fr –CC TLD for the Republic of France
- .eu –CC TLD for the European Union
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Collectivity of Saint Barthélemy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|