|TLD type||Generic top-level domain|
.blog is a Generic top-level domain intended for use by blogs. In late 2013, due to concerns over "name collisions", wherein companies could potentially be using some proposed gTLDs internally for their own use, the ICANN halted progression of .blog and 24 other proposed gTLDs pending further review.
The TLD became active on May 12, 2016. 
Anyone can sign up for a dot blog domain name at the regular available prices.  People can log on at get.blog and secure their own .blog domain name from 21 November 2016 at 1500 UTC. However, there are some restrictions regarding trademark names.. .blog was started by Automattic, the company behind Wordpress. 
- "Reports for Alternate Path to Delegation Published". ICANN. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Delegation Record for .BLOG". IANA. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- ".blog Domains Are Now Available to Everyone!". wordpress blog. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Give your website traction with a .blog domain". godaddy. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "DotBlog Launches This Afternoon". blacknight blog. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- ".Blog Domains By WordPress Available On The 21st Of November Starting At $30". onlinedomain.com. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- ".blog domain has finally arrived. Grab your favorite one from get.blog". abc hub. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Company behind wordpress opens .blog domain to the public". mashable. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|