|Introduced||3 September 1991|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Sponsor||University of the Bahamas|
|Intended use||Entities connected with the Bahamas|
|Actual use||Not very heavily used|
|Registration restrictions||None, except in a few of the third-level registrations such as .gov.bs|
|Structure||Registrations are taken directly at the second level, or at the third level beneath various second-level labels|
Second level domains
There are six Second Level Domains:
- com.bs: Commercial Entities
- net.bs: Network Providers
- org.bs: Non-commercial Organizations
- edu.bs: Educational Institutions
- gov.bs: Government Ministries and Agencies
- we.bs: Can be registered by anyone
The .gov.bs domain name space is managed by DIT at the Bahamas Ministry of Finance.
- "IANA maintained list of top-level domains". data.iana.org.
- "Domains.info – .bs-Domain - Informationen zur Domain aus Bahamas". de.domains.info. Archived from the original on 27 September 2015.
- "Fees for .BS Domain Registrations". BSNIC .BS Domain Registry. 2022-12-11. Archived from the original on 2022-07-04. Retrieved 2022-12-11.