This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2022)
|Introduced||10 September 1990|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||NIC-Internet Costa Rica|
|Sponsor||Costa Rica National Academy of Sciences|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Costa Rica|
|Registered domains||22,000+ (2017)|
|Registration restrictions||Varying restrictions based on which second-level name is used|
|Structure||Registrations are directly at second level, or at third level beneath several second-level labels|
.cr is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of Costa Rica.
- .ac.cr - Academic: Universities
- .co.cr - Commercial
- .ed.cr - Education: Colleges, High Schools, etc.
- .fi.cr - Financial institutions such as banks, etc.
- .go.cr - Governmental
- .or.cr - Non-profit organizations
- .sa.cr - Health related institutions.
- .cr - Other Uses
Domains can be bought directly at the registry or through accredited registrars.
- ^ "Libro de Resultados 2017.pdf" (PDF). NIC Costa Rica. Archived (PDF) from the original on 31 March 2022. Retrieved 31 March 2022.