.global is a generic top-level domain (gTLD) and was delegated to the DNS root zone on June 6, 2014. The application for the new top-level domain, was approved on April 17, 2014, and .global was made available to the general public on September 9, 2014.
The path from application to launch was rather complicated, due to the name collision concerns relating to the word "global" (as it is being used in many internal networks). As a consequence, the .global registry had to block 60 000 domain names under from registration during a couple of months, until the name collision issues had been fully resolved.
- "The new gTLDs". Archived from the original on 2015-04-09. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- https://ntldstats.com/registry/Dot-GLOBAL-AS[permanent dead link]
- "Visit the Top Level Domain (TLD) Registry Services and DNS Solutions Experts | Afilias". Archived from the original on 2015-04-09. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- ".global | www.trademark-clearinghouse.com". Archived from the original on 2015-04-09. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- Newton Media. "Domain names: collision course". Archived from the original on 2015-04-09. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|