Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015)
|Introduced||27 February 1993|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Sponsor||Perkumpulan Pengelola Nama Domain Internet Indonesia (PANDI) and NIC INDONESIA|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Indonesia|
|Actual use||Very popular in Indonesia|
|Registration restrictions||Indonesian presence is no longer required for second-level .id registrations; registrant requirements still apply to third-level registrations under restricted second-level domains, such as .co.id, which requires the registrant to be an Indonesian corporation, or trademark owner, with a physical presence in the country.|
|Structure||Registrations are made at the second level, or at the third level beneath various second-level labels|
As of 17 August 2014, second-level domain registrations have entered general availability, allowing registrations to be made directly under .id, without a prefix. This brings the total of available extensions to 13:
- ac.id—Academic Institutions
- biz.id—Small and Medium Commercial Entities
- co.id—Commercial Entities
- go.id—Government and Governmental System
- net.id—Communication/ISP Company
- or.id—Formal Organizations/Community
- web.id—Informal Organizations/Personal
- ponpes.id—Islamic Boarding School
- "What are the registration requirements for registering a .ID domain?". Retrieved 2020-04-05.
- "ID-TLD Domain Name Forum". 11 March 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-07-16. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- "Domain "Apapun.id" Sudah Bisa Dibeli Bebas". 17 August 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-08-22. Retrieved 2014-10-30.
- Choice of PANDI's .id Domain Registration Partners
- Whois Information for .id
- NIC Indonesia (another website)[permanent dead link]