|TLD type||top-level domain|
|Intended use||Money making|
|Registration restrictions||No IDNs|
.irish is a new generic top-level domain (gTLD). The rights to run the domain were applied for in June 2012 by Dot-Irish LLC, a for-profit company in California, United States. as part of an expansion of generic top-level domains by ICANN. The application was successful, and the domain opened for registrations on 17 March 2015, with public registration opened on 25 June 2015.
Number of registered domains
On 5 May 2016, there were 2,142 registered .irish domain names.
- .Irish application details Archived 12 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine, ICANN
- "DotIrish Launch Timeline". Archived from the original on 7 April 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- .Irish figure taken from register365.com - 30 September 2015
- .ie figure taken from register365.com - 30 September 2015
- ".IRISH - TLDpedia - Domain Tools".
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|