This article includes a list of references, related reading, or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2009)
|Introduced||8 June 1998|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Comores Telecom, registry operated by VeriSign|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Comoros|
|Actual use||Not much used|
|Structure||Registrations are made at second level|
|Documents||Terms and conditions (French; MS Word document; archived October 2021)|
|Registry website||Domaine.km[dead link]|
.km is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Comoros.
Registration is available directly at second-level or under a number of sub-domains (cost of KMF30000 in most categories):
- .km – Companies and trademarks registered at second-level (at an annual cost of KMF50000).
- .com.km – Companies (unrestricted use).
- .coop.km – Co-operatives.
- .asso.km – Associations.
- .nom.km – Individuals («nom» means "name").
- .presse.km – Press organisations.
- .tm.km – Trademark owners.
- .medecin.km – Medical doctors.
- .notaires.km – Notaries.
- .pharmaciens.km – Pharmacists.
- .veterinaire.km – Veterinarians.
- .edu.km – Universities and professional institutes.
- .gouv.km – Government.
- .mil.km – Registered at no charge, for the military.
Second-level registrations are subject to restrictions and local presence requirements.
Third-level registrations are unrestricted in *.com.km if the name is not already registered elsewhere in .km; various category-specific restrictions apply to each of the other third-level domains. Personal name *.nom.km registrations are limited to island residents and to citizens resident abroad; various categories corresponding to the individual professions each require the applicant hold a license to practise that profession.
- IANA .km whois information
- .km domain registration website Archived 2017-08-25 at the Wayback Machine