From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research|
|Sponsor||Ministry of Communications (Kuwait)|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Kuwait|
|Actual use||Popular in Kuwait|
|Registration restrictions||Limited to Kuwaiti citizens, companies, and organizations; must show appropriate documents to prove status; some third-level names have additional restrictions|
|Structure||Registrations are made at third level beneath several second-level names|
Second level domains
Registrations are at the third level beneath these names:
- edu.kw: Academic and research institutions
- com.kw: Commercial entities and individuals
- net.kw: Commercial entities and individuals
- org.kw: Non-Profit organizations
- gov.kw: Government entities
Registration is done through third party ISP companies by providing the right documents and a fee of 40 KD for two years registration
Local Main ISPs
.com.kw / .net.kw
- A copy from the applicant civil id.
- A brief hand written paragraph indicating the individual intent to register the subject domain name.
- An official signed and stamped company letter from the company manager requesting the domain name operation.
- A valid certificate from Ministry of Commerce with a clear expiry date. (This paper is needed for new registration and renewal operations)
- An official signed and stamped letter from the organization manager requesting the domain name registration.
- A letter from Ministry of Social Affairs stating that the organization is nonprofit.
- An official signed and stamped letter from the organization manager requesting the domain name operation.
- A letter from Ministry of Education proving that the organization is a registered institution for beginners, intermediate, high school, college, .. etc.
- An official signed and stamped letter requesting the domain name operation.
- Letter must originate from one of these offices:
- Minister's Office.
- Deputy Minister's Office.
- Public Relation's Office
- Computer Support/ Network Support Department/ Information System Department.