|Introduced||26 October 1992|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Communication and Information Technology Regulatory Authority (CITRA)|
|Sponsor||Communications and Information Technology Regulatory Authority (CITRA) (Kuwait)|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Kuwait|
|Actual use||Popular in Kuwait|
|Registration restrictions||Limited to Kuwaiti citizens and residents, companies, and organizations; must show appropriate documents to prove status; some third-level names have additional restrictions structure=Registrations are made at third level beneath several second-level names|
|Dispute policies||Complaints Policy|
- com.kw: Commercial entities with a valid commercial license from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- ind.kw: An individual who is not a minor and holds Kuwaiti nationality or a resident who holds a valid residence in the State of Kuwait.
- net.kw: ICT licensed company from the respective authorities in the State of Kuwait.
- org.kw: A non-profit entity licensed by the concerned authorities in the State of Kuwait to operate.
- gov.kw: Ministries & Government entities.
- emb.kw: Embassies of other countries in Kuwait.
- edu.kw: An educational entity licensed by the concerned authorities in the State of Kuwait to operate.
- .kw: special requests from government entities; to be open for public use in near future.
Registration is done through accredited registrars by providing the right documents and a fee of 15 KD per year, with the license period running either one or two years (currently there is an intention to allow any period between 1 and 10 years in near future).