|Introduced||Application to ICANN by Mayor Boris Johnson. Approved by ICANN in June 2013.|
|TLD type||Generic top-level domain|
|Intended use||London residents, institutions, and businesses|
.london is a top-level domain (TLD) for London, England. It was approved by ICANN as a city-level TLD on 7 June 2013. On 29 April 2014, the domain name went on sale for the first time. Metro Bank and Fortnum and Mason have secured addresses, with some pages already live. London and Partners, which promotes the city, said that .london would carry a premium because of its exclusivity. It costs from £6.99 annually for each domain name.
- .uk – TLD for the United Kingdom
- .la – TLD for Laos, but marketed as the TLD for Los Angeles
- .berlin – TLD for Berlin
- .nyc – TLD for New York City
- "London gets go ahead for new '.london' internet domain - London & Partners". Archived from the original on 2013-07-06. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- ".london web domain name goes on sale for first time". BBC News. 29 April 2014.
http://blog.names.co.uk/2014/04/london-the-new-dot-on-the-map/ names.co.uk 30 April 2014
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|