|Introduced||2 December 1992|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Malta|
|Actual use||Popular in Malta|
|Registration restrictions||Must declare right to use name as trademark or business name in accordance with Maltese law|
|Structure||Registrations are taken at the third level beneath various second level names|
|Documents||Terms and conditions|
|Dispute policies||Disputes are expected to be resolved between the disputing policies using any of the ordinary remedies afforded by law|
Since 1 December 2017, it is possible to register .mt domains directly at the second level, such as myname.mt. Registration is possible at the third level under a number of second level domain names.
- edu.mt: educational institutions
- gov.mt: Malta government entity
- com.mt: commercial entities
- net.mt: Internet-related network service providers
- org.mt: non-profit entities
- "New Policy to Register Second Level Domain Names under .mt". Network Information Centre Malta. 2022-12-18. Archived from the original on 2022-08-16. Retrieved 2022-12-18.
- "Nic.mt". Network Information Centre Malta. 2022-12-18. Archived from the original on 2022-08-16. Retrieved 2022-12-18.