|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Malawi Sustainable Development Network Programme|
|Sponsor||Malawi Sustainable Development Network Programme|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Malawi|
|Actual use||Used in Malawi and by Meow Wolf and employees|
|Structure||Registrations are taken at second and third level|
|Documents||Registration agreement; IANA recommendation|
|Dispute policies||Malawi SDNP Dispute Policy, which in turn defers to UDRP|
|Registry website||Domains on .mw|
.mw is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Malawi. In 2002 the IANA recommended that administration of the ccTLD be transferred to the Malawi Sustainable Development Network Programme from Computer Solutions LTD.
Prices for .mw domains are US$100 for the first two years, followed by $50 per year.
In addition to registrations directly at the second level, it is also possible to register third-level names beneath these names. For the most part, the descriptions of the types of organizations each domain is for are advisory, and are not enforced.
- ac.mw - academic institutions
- co.mw - commercial organisations
- com.mw - an alternative for commercial organisations
- coop.mw - cooperative associations
- edu.mw - degree granting academic institutions
- gov.mw - restricted to government preferably Malawi Government
- int.mw - international treaty organisations
- museum.mw - museums, historical, documentation or display organisations
- net.mw - networking organisations
- org.mw - non-profit making organisations
- "IANA | Report on Redelegation". www.iana.org. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malawi-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|