|Introduced||3 January 1997|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Malawi Sustainable Development Network Programme|
|Sponsor||Malawi Sustainable Development Network Programme|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Malawi|
|Actual use||Used in Malawi and by Meow Wolf and employees|
|Structure||Registrations are taken at second and third level|
|Dispute policies||Malawi SDNP Dispute Policy, which in turn defers to UDRP|
.mw is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Malawi. After initial delegation, in 2002 the IANA recommended that administration of the ccTLD be transferred to the Malawi Sustainable Development Network Programme from Computer Solutions Ltd. The recommendation was implemented.
Prices for .mw domains are US$100 for the first two years, followed by $50 per year thereafter.
In addition to registrations directly at the second level, it is also possible to register third-level names beneath these names. For the most part, the descriptions of the types of organizations each domain is for are advisory, and are not enforced.
- ac.mw – academic institutions
- co.mw – commercial organisations
- com.mw – an alternative for commercial organisations
- coop.mw – cooperative associations
- edu.mw – degree-granting academic institutions
- gov.mw – restricted to government
- int.mw – international treaty organisations
- museum.mw – museums, historical, documentation or display organisations
- net.mw – networking organisations
- org.mw – non-profit organisations
- ^ "IANA | Report on Redelegation". www.iana.org. Retrieved 2018-08-13.