February 22, 2015|
May 20, 2015
|Registry||One Registry & ARI Registry Services (a Neustar company)|
|Intended use||None (truly generic)|
|Documents||ICANN Registry Agreement|
.one is a top-level domain. It was proposed in ICANN's New generic top-level domain (gTLD) Program, and became available to the general public on May 20, 2015. One Registry (a subsidiary of One.com A/S) and ARI Registry Services (a Neustar company) are the registries for the domain.
With the ICANN's New gTLD Program, One.com took the opportunity and diversified upstream from being only a registrar to becoming registry. One.com won at private auction with Radix Registry the rights to the .one string. The auction was the "single sealed bid second price" model, in which the winner bidder offers the highest bid and pays the second highest bid.
As of March 2018, .one was the forty-ninth most registered domain name on the Internet, with 65,022 registrations. One.com was the second highest registrar for .one, out of its 107 accredited registrars.
- lifestyle.one: Bauer Media Group, a European-based media company headquartered in Hamburg, Germany.
- Xbox.one Xbox One, redirects to Microsoft's homepage for the game console
- every.one is an example of a domain hack, used to spell the English word "everyone"
- one.one.one.one : this is the domain name of the 188.8.131.52 free DNS service of Cloudflare
- "Neustar Acquires Leading Domain Name Registry Provider Bombora Technologies". www.ariservices.com. Retrieved 2016-02-23.
- "One Registry". nic.one. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Application Details". gtldresult.icann.org. Retrieved 2016-02-23.
- "One.com wins .one contention set in RightOfTheDot auction". Domain Name Wire. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "new gTLD Statistics by Top-Level Domains". ntldstats.com. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
c) | type = Generic top-level domain (gTLD)
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|