|Introduced||19 October 1988|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Singapore|
|Actual use||Popular in Singapore|
|Registered domains||198,530 (Jul 2022)|
|Registration restrictions||Singapore presence required; third-level names have various restrictions depending on which second level label they are under|
|Structure||Registrations are taken at the third level beneath generic categories, or directly at the second level; special .idn.sg category exists for internationalized domain names|
|Documents||Policies and agreements|
|Dispute policies||Singapore Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy|
.sg is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Singapore. It was first registered in September 1988. It is administered by the Singapore Network Information Centre. Registrations are processed via accredited registrars.
In 2011, two new internationalized country code top-level domains were registered for Singapore, intended for domain names in the local languages. These domains are .新加坡 (encoded as .xn—yfro4i67o) and .சிங்கப்பூர் (encoded as .xn—clchc0ea0b2g2a9gcd).
SGNIC requires that all .sg domains registered after 2 May 2013 have proof of Singaporean presence. This is facilitated by requiring the registrant to login to the Verified@SG portal with their SingPass account.
- .com.sg – Commercial entities
- .net.sg – Network providers and info-com operators
- .org.sg – Organizations in the Registry of Societies
- .gov.sg – Government entities
- .edu.sg – Educational institutions
- .per.sg – Personal domain names
- .sg – Open to all with a valid Singapore postal address
- .新加坡 – for Chinese websites
- .சிங்கப்பூர் – for Tamil websites
.sg domain statistics
As of September 2022, there were 198,564 registered .sg domains.
- "Registration Statistics". SGNIC PTE Ltd. Retrieved 10 May 2021.
- ".sg Domain Delegation Data". www.iana.org. Retrieved 17 December 2021.
- "IDN ccTLD Fast Track String Evaluation Completion - ICANN". www.icann.org. Retrieved 16 February 2021.
- "VerifiedID@SG FAQ". SGNIC Verified@SG Portal. Retrieved 27 December 2022.