|Introduced||1 April 1992|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Sponsor||Republic of Slovenia|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Slovenia|
|Registered domains||119,774 (July 2016)|
|Structure||Registrations are taken directly at second level.|
|Documents||SI TLD regulations|
.si is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Slovenia. It is administered by the ARNES, the Academic and Research Network of Slovenia. In 2010, the registry hosted 80,000 domain names. In 2012, that number increased to 100,000.
Domain hacks for the .si TLD are quite popular, since si is second person singular of the verb 'to be' in Slovene. As such, many domains have been created that are using such domain hacks, one of the most popular being zadovoljna.si ('You are pleased', feminine form).
Sí also translates from Spanish as yes, so the TLD has been used by some Spanish-language websites. A notable example of this is the Mexican political party MORENA, whose website is found at morena.si.
Italian party Sinistra Italiana (abbreviation: SI) also uses Slovenian domain for its website (sinistraitaliana.si).
- "Registrirana 100 000-a domena pod .si (100 000th domain registered under .si)" (in Slovenian). Arnes. 27 January 2012. Archived from the original on 9 March 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Who is entitled to register .si domain name?". Arnes. Archived from the original on 4 June 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- "80,000 .si domen" (in Slovenian). Arnes. 19 May 2010. Archived from the original on 9 March 2013. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- "Mapping the Mal Web: The world's riskiest domains" (PDF). McAfee. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2012. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- IANA .si whois information
- Official .si registry website (English)
- Official .si registry website (Slovene)
- Unofficial directory of .si domains
- Unofficial .si registry website (Slovene) – statistical data and expired .si domains Archived 19 May 2016 at the Wayback Machine