|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Sponsor||Republic of Slovenia|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Slovenia|
|Actual use||Very popular in Slovenia|
|Registered domains||102,800 (May 2012)|
|Structure||Registrations are taken directly at second level.|
|Documents||SI TLD regulations|
.si is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Slovenia. It is administered by the ARNES, the Academic and Research Network of Slovenia. In 2010, the registry has hosted 80,000 domain names. In 2012, that number increased to 100,000 .si domain names when the domain zj.si was registered by Jasico d.o.o.
Domain hacks for the .si TLD are quite popular, since si is second person singular of the to be verb. As such, many domains have been created that are using such domain hack, one of the most popular being zadovoljna.si ("You are content", female form).
Pepsi also has a pep.si TLD to shorten links.
Mexican politicians have also been using .si as part of domain hacks, because sí is Spanish for yes and this TLD allows for domain names that basically translate to "<XYZ>, yes!". One example is 2012 presidential candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador's website, amlo.si.
- "Registrirana 100 000-a domena pod .si (100 000th domain registered under .si)" (in Slovenian). Arnes. 2012-01-27. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Who is entitled to register .si domain name?". Arnes. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- "80,000 .si domen" (in Slovenian). Arnes. 19 May 2010. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- "Mapping the Mal Web: The world's riskiest domains" (PDF). McAfee. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- IANA .si whois information
- Unofficial directory of .si domains
- Official .si registry website (English)
- Official .si registry website (Slovene)
- Unofficial .si registry website (Slovene) - statistical data and expired .si domains
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|