|Introduced||14 June 2016|
|TLD type||Generic top-level domain|
In 2012, ICANN announced it would be expanding the range of domain extensions to further organize the internet with new TLD's being requested by multiple parties. Seven companies including Radix, Google, Amazon, Uniregistry, Donuts (Sand Dale, LLC), Dot Store Group LLC, and Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. filed applications for this TLD.
This gTLD is used by an array of websites in the ecommerce sector with companies like Hanes, Emirates, Amazon, Apple, Nike and the luxury brand Jimmy Choo having purchased or launched sites that use the extension. The .store TLD is also used by performance artists such as Khalid, Foster The People, and Lorde as well as in the sports sector including NBA teams, F1, PSG, and Stipe Miocic for ecommerce and selling merchandise.
- ".Store Passes 500+ Sunrise Registrations With 5 Days to Go" The Domains. Retrieved 2020-02-10.
- "Your domain name as a marketing tool" Emerce. Retrieved 2020-02-10.
- "Goodbye, .Com, Hello, .Inc: The Rise of Premium TLDs" Inc.. Retrieved 2020-02-10.
- Garber, Megan (2012-06-13). "Google Wants '.LOL' and Other Stories From the Internet Land Rush of '12". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2019-10-23.
- "Here Are The 54 New gTLD’s That Frank Schilling’s Uniregistry Applied For" The Domains. Retrieved 2020-02-10.
- Priestley, Daniel (2019-04-16). "4 Lessons From an Entrepreneur Who Became a Self-Made Billionaire Before Turning 40". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2019-10-23.
- "Radix Excited About Attention New Companies Built on Their TLDs Received at Web Summit 2017". www.dnjournal.com. Retrieved 2019-10-23.
- "Turakhia brothers: Getting it right, time after time". Forbes India. Retrieved 2019-10-23.
- "7 small business SEO tactics that you can do in-house" GoDaddy. Retrieved 2020-02-10.
- "Hanes spends about $30,000 to buy T-Shirts.store" DNW. Retrieved 2020-02-10.
- "A Comprehensive .STORE Domains Review" Ecommerce Platforms. Retrieved 2020-02-10.