1. FC Sand
|Full name||1. Fußball-Club 1920 Sand am Main e.V.|
|League||Bayernliga Nord (V)|
The club was established on 27 March 1920 and first came to note with their rise to the Landesliga Bayern-Nord in 1981. The club lasted for only three seasons at this level but made an immediate return after relegation. After returning to the Landesliga in 1985, the first six seasons were a constant struggle for survival. The club greatly improved from 1991 onwards and would only finish in the bottom half of the table on one more occasion, in 2008. Nevertheless, it took the side until 2000 to achieve another promotion when they captured the title in the Landesliga and were promoted to the Bayernliga (IV) where they spent two seasons (2000–02) before returning to the Landesliga.
At the end of the 2011–12 season the club qualified directly for the newly expanded Bayernliga after finishing sixth in the Landesliga. It lasted for only one season at this level before being relegated again back to the Landesliga. After two seasons at this level the club finished runners-up in the league in 2015 and qualified for the promotion round. After two victories over SpVgg Selbitz Sand earned promotion back to the Bayernliga.
The club's honours:
- Landesliga Bayern-Nord
- Champions: 2000
- Runners-up: 2009
- Landesliga Bayern-Nordwest
- Runners-up: 2015
- Unterfranken Cup
- Winners: 2004
Recent managers of the club:
|Erwin Albert||2008||June 2014|
|Bernd Eigner||June 2014||Present|
|1999–2000||Landesliga Bayern-Nord||V||1st ↑|
|2011–12||Landesliga Bayern-Nord||6th ↑|
|2012–13||Bayernliga Nord||V||17th ↓|
|2014–15||Landesliga Bayern-Nordwest||2nd ↑|
- With the introduction of the Bezirksoberligas in 1988 as the new fifth tier, below the Landesligas, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the introduction of the Regionalligas in 1994 and the 3. Liga in 2008 as the new third tier, below the 2. Bundesliga, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the establishment of the Regionalliga Bayern as the new fourth tier in Bavaria in 2012 the Bayernliga was split into a northern and a southern division, the number of Landesligas expanded from three to five and the Bezirksoberligas abolished. All leagues from the Bezirksligas onward were elevated one tier.
|↑ Promoted||↓ Relegated|
- Grüne, Hardy (2001). Enzyklopädie des deutschen Ligafußballs 7. Vereinslexikon. Kassel: Agon-Sportverlag. ISBN 978-3-89784-147-5.
- Das war die Relegation 2012 auf Verbandsebene (in German) fupa.net, published: 7 June 2012, accessed 8 June 2012
- Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv (in German) Historical German domestic league tables
- Fussball.de – Ergebnisse (in German) Tables and results of all German football leagues