1/3 no Junjō na Kanjō
|"1/3 no Junjō na Kanjō"|
|Single by Siam Shade|
|from the album Siam Shade IV - Zero|
|Released||November 27, 1997|
|Genre||Hard rock, progressive rock|
|Label||Sony Music Entertainment Japan|
|Siam Shade singles chronology|
"1/3 no Junjō na Kanjō" (1/3の純情な感情?, "1/3 Pure Heart Emotion") is a song by the Japanese rock band Siam Shade, released in 1997. The song was first released as their sixth single on November 27, 1997, and also featured on their fourth studio album Siam Shade IV - Zero, released on January 21, 1998.
It is the band's best known work and best-selling single, reaching number three on the Oricon chart, and was the 31st best-selling single of 1998 with 698,520 copies sold. By 2016, this number had grown to over 800,000 copies. The title song was used as the sixth ending theme of the Rurouni Kenshin anime. The single was reissued in the standard 12 cm CD format on November 14, 2007.
All songs written and composed by Siam Shade. Arranged by Masao Akashi.
|1.||"1/3 no Junjō na Kanjō" (1/3の純情な感情)||3:43|
|3.||"1/3 no Junjō na Kanjō (Original Karaoke)" (1/3の純情な感情 （Original Karaoke）)||3:43|
- Originally the title track's lyrics were written by Hideki, while the music was written by Daita.
|"1/3 no Junjō na Kanjō"|
|Single by Flow|
|from the album Anime Best|
|Released||March 9, 2011|
|Flow singles chronology|
Flow recorded a cover version of "1/3 no Junjō na Kanjō" for release as their twenty first single on March 9, 2011. The recording features Siam Shade's lead guitarist Daita and was included on their 2011 compilation album Anime Best. The single reached number 20 on the Oricon chart and charted for 4 weeks.
Written and composed by Siam Shade. Arranged by Flow and Daita.
|1.||"1/3 no Junjō na Kanjō" (1/3の純情な感情)||3:53|
|2.||"1/3 no Junjō na Kanjō (Instrumental)" (1/3の純情な感情（Instrumental）)||3:53|
Other cover versions
In 2010, "1/3 no Junjō na Kanjō" was covered by Mikuni Shimokawa for her album Replay! Shimokawa Mikuni Seishun Anison Cover III. Heavy metal musician Eizo Sakamoto covered it for his Super Anime Song Legend of the 1990's album in October. That same month it was covered by both Jani Lane and Acid Black Cherry for the tribute album Siam Shade Tribute, the former being an English-language version.
In 2011, it was covered by Nogod on the compilation Crush! -90's V-Rock Best Hit Cover Songs-, which was released on January 26 and features current visual kei bands covering songs from bands that were important to the '90s visual kei movement. Pop trio Buono! covered it for their album Partenza in August 2011. A cover by Venus appears in the November 2011 rhythm video game Reflec Beat Limelight.
It was covered by Fest Vainqueur for the compilation album Counteraction - V-Rock covered Visual Anime songs Compilation-, which was released on May 23, 2012, and features covers of songs by visual kei bands that were used in anime.
- "SIAM SHADEのシングル売り上げランキング". Oricon. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "What's This Year - Music 1998". interq.or.jp. Retrieved 2014-07-01.
- "【インタビュー】INORAN × 真矢、＜LUNATIC FEST.＞を語る＿第三夜「１回目は伝説に」". Barks (in Japanese). 2015-06-24. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- "FLOW's next single is a Siam Shade cover, "1/3 no Junjo no Kanjo"". tokyohive.com. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "Japanese Rock Band Flow Gets Animated for Album Bonus". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2015-05-02.
- "1/3の純情な感情 FLOW ORICON STYLE". Oricon. Retrieved 2015-05-02.
- "スーパーアニソン レジェンド オブ'90". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2015-05-02.
- "Foreign rockers create SIAM SHADE tribute album". tokyohive.com. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "'90s Visual Kei Cover Album". jame-world.com. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "Megamasso's Vocalist INZARGI to Release Cover Album". jpopasia.com. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "V-Kei Anime Song Cover Compilation "Counteraction!" and MJP TV to Collaborate! Live Talk Program with Asai Hiroaki and the Artists Participating!". musicjapanplus.jp. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- "「CRAZY FOR YOU EP」国内配信決定！待望の新曲も追加！". Sony Music. Retrieved 2015-05-02.