10+2 (TV series)
|Genre||Children's animated series|
|Written by||Miquel Pujol|
|Directed by||Miquel Pujol|
|Country of origin||Spain|
|Original language(s)||Catalan, Spanish, English|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Executive producer(s)||Jordi Castelltort
Victory Media Group
|Running time||13 min.|
|Original channel||Televisió de Catalunya
|Original run||1994 – 2013|
10+2 is a children's animated series from Catalonia (Spain), produced by Accio Studios and Victory Media Group, and directed by Miquel Pujol i Lozano. The show debuted in 1994, and as of March 2014 can be seen on Germany's KI.KA.
The series takes place in the fictional country of Numberland, centered in a school taught by the teacher Aristotle and his assistant Infinite. The students consist of ten living numbers from zero till nine, each with differing personalities. The characters are mute and only communicate in vocal noises and body language. Throughout the episodes, every night Aristotle would narrate the day's events in flashback, with moments of counting quantities corresponding to the number characters. However in the movies all characters have full speech.
- Professor Aristotle - The teacher of Numberland. Quite firm and serious.
- Infinite - Aristotle's assistant. Called Monty in the English dub. Very helpful towards offers.
- Milesima - Aristotle's niece and his sister Elenica's daughter. Very playful, carefree and fancies herself as a pirate.
- Miss Zenobia - The substitute teacher. A very bossy, mean sort, far more strict than Aristotle.
- Cuco - A yellow cuckoo bird who lives in the classroom clock.
- Zero - A mischievous and disobedient sort.
- One - A forgetful sort who likes to keep up appearances.
- Two - Has a love for water and sailing.
- Three - A cross and grumpy sort.
- Four - A lazy sort who loves to doze off.
- Five - Prone to misfortune and runs into trouble often.
- Six - A neat and tidy sort who does gardening.
- Seven - An athletic and active sort.
- Eight - A greedy sort who loves eating cakes and sweets.
- Nine - An experimental and scientific sort.
- Mr. Postman - A white pigeon with pilot goggles, who grudgingly delivers the letters and occasionally does rescuing when needed.
- Doctor - An owl who wears a green suit and gives medical advice.
The Great Secret
In 2001, Miquel Pujol created an 85 minute movie based on the TV Series titled "10+2: El Gran Secretoe" starring Milesima and the new teacher Zenobia. It was nominated in the fifteenth edition of the Goya Awards in the category of best animated film.
Letters and Pirates
In 2005, a 47 minute movie was made titled "10+2: Cartes i Pirates", where Milesima as Captain Red Braid takes Infinite and the ten numbers on pirate voyage to find the treasure trove of Rocky Head Island.
- (German) KI.KA's official site
- (Catalan) (Spanish) (English) Accio
- 10+2 at the Internet Movie Database
- 10+2: The Great Secret at the Internet Movie Database
- 10+2 at the Big Cartoon Database
|This animated television series-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a children's television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Spanish television programme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|