10+2 (TV series)
|Genre||Children's animated series|
|Written by||Miquel Pujol|
|Directed by||Miquel Pujol|
|Country of origin||Spain|
|Original language(s)||Catalan, Spanish, English|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Executive producer(s)||Jordi Castelltort
Victory Media Group
|Running time||13 min.|
|Original channel||Televisió de Catalunya
|Original run||1994 – 2013|
10+2 is a children's animated series from Catalonia (Spain), produced by Accio Studios and Victory Media Group, and directed by Miquel Pujol i Lozano. The show debuted in 1994, and as of April 2015 can be seen on Germany's KI.KA.
The series takes place in the fictional country of Numberland, centered in a school taught by the teacher Aristotle and his assistant Infinity. The students consist of ten living numbers from zero till nine, each with differing personalities. The characters are mute and only communicate in vocal noises and body language. Throughout the episodes, every night Aristotle would narrate the day's events in flashback, with moments of counting quantities corresponding to the number characters. However in the movies all characters have full speech.
- Professor Aristotle - The teacher of Numberland. Quite firm and serious.
- Infinity - Aristotle's assistant. Called Monty in the English dub. Very helpful towards others.
- Cuco - A yellow cuckoo bird who lives in the classroom clock.
- Zero - A mischievous and disobedient sort.
- One - A forgetful sort who likes to keep up appearances.
- Two - Has a love for water and sailing.
- Three - A cross and grumpy sort.
- Four - A lazy sort who loves to doze off.
- Five - Prone to misfortune and runs into trouble often.
- Six - A neat and tidy busybody who does gardening.
- Seven - An athletic and active sort.
- Eight - A greedy sort who loves eating cakes and sweets.
- Nine - An experimental and scientific sort.
- Milesima - Aristotle's and Elenica's niece. Very playful, carefree and fancies herself as a pirate.
- Miss Zenobia - The substitute teacher. A very bossy, mean sort, far more strict than Aristotle.
- Mr. Postman - A white pigeon with pilot goggles, who grudgingly delivers the letters and occasionally does rescuing when needed.
- Doctor - An owl who wears a green suit and gives medical advice.
|1||"Anem a l'escola"|
|Infinity and Zero get stranded on the school roof as they recover One's ball.|
|2||"L'U fa tard"|
|One is late for the school photo shoot, so Infinity finds and brings him.|
|3||"El Dos i les bombolles"|
|Two plays with his bubble flute and shows it off at school fascinating the pupils, Infinity and Aristotle.|
|4||"El Tres rondinaire"|
|Aristotle tells a grumpy Three the story of "The Three Bears".|
|5||"El quatre mandrós"|
|Four's laziness and his dilapidated house cause problems for Infinity.|
|6||"El Cinc i la pluja"|
|An accident by Five causes a faucet to break and Infinity to unsuccessfully fix it.|
|7||"El Zero trapella"|
|Infinity and a squirrel get even with Zero, One and Two for playing a prank on them.|
|8||"El Sis i el regal"|
|Infinity and Six get Aristotle an ideal birthday present, but a caterpillar eats it.|
|9||"El Set i els esports"|
|Infinity and Seven have misadventures with a porcupine and get caught in a storm.|
|10||"El Vuit golafre"|
|Eight greedily eats all the chocolate sauce, but Aristotle thinks it was Infinity.|
|11||"El nou i el rellotge"|
|Infinity accidentally breaks Cuco's clock and goes to Nine to get it fixed.|
|12||"Fi de curs"|
|The school celebrates and Infinity tries to keep the fireworks safe.|
|13||"Zero en matemàtiques"|
|Zero feels he's a failure at maths, but dreams a valuable lesson on naughts.|
|14||"Una visita inesperada"|
|Infinity looks reminisces his past events in a photo album. Aristotle receives a letter that his niece Milesima is coming.|
|15||"Una nit moguda"|
|Infinity, Cuco and Aristotle work hard to prepare for Milesima's arrival.|
|16||"Misteri a l'estació"|
|Milesima's train has arrived, but Milesima is gone. Aristotle strains his legs trying to find her.|
|17||"Els problemes d'Aristòtil"|
|Infinity drives Aristotle home and later Milesima arrives having come back from a trip with Two.|
|18||"El secret de l'Infinit"|
|Infinity stumbles across a secret passage leading to a mysterious locked door.|
|19||"2x07 La carta dels conflictes"|
|Infinity and Milesima chase after an important letter.|
|Infinity tries to befriend Milesima, while she plays at being a pirate.|
|Infinity falls into the river but is rescued by Mr. Postman.|
|22||"La incorregible Mil·lèsima"|
|Milesima finds a mysterious key and she all the numbers try to make Infinity feel better.|
|23||"La història continua"|
|Milesima tells Infinity a pirate story about Captain Red Braid on a treasure hunt.|
|24||"El fi i el principi"|
|Infinity shares his secret with Milesima, while Aristotle reveals a substitute teacher is coming.|
The Magical Night
In 2000, Miquel Pujol created a 45 minute Christmas Special movie title "10+2: La Noche Mágica", where Infinity goes on a winter adventure after an embarrassing moment during Christmas preparations.
The Great Secret
In 2001, Miquel Pujol created an 85 minute movie titled "10+2: El Gran Secretoe" starring Milesima and the new teacher Zenobia. It was nominated in the fifteenth edition of the Goya Awards in the category of best animated film.
Letters and Pirates
In 2005, a 47 minute movie was made titled "10+2: Cartes i Pirates", where Milesima as Captain Red Braid takes Infinity and the ten numbers on pirate voyage to find the treasure trove of Rocky Head Island.
- (German) KI.KA's official site
- (Catalan) (Spanish) (English) Accio
- 10+2 at the Internet Movie Database
- 10+2: The Great Secret at the Internet Movie Database
- 10+2 at the Big Cartoon Database
|This animated television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a children's television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Spanish television programme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|