Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||M. M. Chandramouli|
|Starring||G. V. Prakash Kumar|
|Music by||G. V. Prakash Kumar|
|Edited by||Mu. Kasi Viswanathan|
Creative Cinemas NY
100% Kadhal (English: 100% Love) is a 2019 Indian Tamil-language romantic comedy film directed by Chandramouli and starring G. V. Prakash Kumar and Shalini Pandey in the leading roles. A remake of the Telugu film 100% Love (2011), the film began production in October 2017. The film is release on 4 October 2019 to negative reviews.
Balu Mahendra (G. V. Prakash Kumar) is a topper of his college. Everything goes well for him until his cousin Mahalakshmi (Shalini Pandey) joins the same college. They even stay together as Balu’s dad takes care of the education expense of Mahalakshmi. Initially, Mahalakshmi struggles to adapt herself to the college but slowly with the help of Balu, she becomes the topper. Now, there erupts a war-of-words between the love as both are on an ego trip.
- G. V. Prakash Kumar as Balu Mahendra
- Shalini Pandey as Mahalakshmi
- Nassar as Balu Mahendra, Balu and Mahalakshmi’s grandfather
- Thambi Ramaiah as Ramasamy, Balu and Mahalakshmi’s uncle
- Thalaivasal Vijay as Subramani, Balu’s father
- Rekha as Aruna, Balu’s mother
- Jayachitra as Mahalakshmi, Balu and Mahalakshmi’s grandmother
- Shivani Pate as Swapna
- Yogi Babu
In early May 2017, G. V. Prakash Kumar signed on to appear in the Tamil remake of the Telugu film 100% Love, with the film's original director Sukumar turning producer for the Tamil version. Directed by Chandramouli, the film was revealed to have cinematography by Dudley and music composed by Prakash Kumar himself. For the leading female role of an undergraduate student, the team held discussion with Hindi actress Shraddha Kapoor, but she was not interested in working on the film. The team then considered and approached Tamannaah to reprise her leading role from the original film, though she declined the offer. Likewise, Sayyeshaa Saigal also turned down the offer. In early June 2017, the team held discussions with Lavanya Tripathi for the lead role, before finalising Hebah Patel for the role. In a turn of events, Hebah was replaced by Lavanya in late June 2017 as she became available and the makers found her most suitable for "to pull off the look of an undergraduate student". In addition to the two lead actors, the cast finalised also included Nassar, Livingston, Ambika and comedians Yogi Babu and Sathish. It was revealed that the film would mostly be shot in London and about ten percent of the film will be shot in India, with production beginning in August 2017 under the title of 100% Kadhal.
The start of the film's first schedule was delayed from August to September 2017 as a result of Lavanya's commitment to a Telugu film directed by Parasuram starring Vijay Devarakonda. Chandramouli had intervened and requested the makers of that film to allow Lavanya to work on 100% Kadhal, following which Lavanya was dropped from the Telugu film despite having shot for several weeks. Unhappy with Chandramouli's interference, Lavanya withdrew from 100% Kadhal in mid-September and was replaced by Shalini Pandey, who had previously appeared in the Telugu film Arjun Reddy (2017).
After a promotional shoot held in September 2017, the film began production in Chennai during mid-October 2017. In a turn of events, cinematographer Dudley was replaced by Ganesh Rajavelu, while Mu. Kasi Viswanathan and Thota Tharani handled the editing and art direction respectively. The film completed its shoot in August 2018, and thereafter began post-production work.
|Soundtrack album by|
|G. V. Prakash Kumar chronology|
The soundtrack for 100% Kadhal was composed by G. V. Prakash Kumar.
|1.||"Kannum Kannum Plus"||Mohanrajan||G.V Prakash Kumar, Maalavika Sundar||4:26|
|2.||"Oru Vaanam"||Mohanrajan||G.V Prakash Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah||4:10|
|3.||"Yeanadi Yeanadi"||Mohanrajan||Keshav Vinod||5:22|
|4.||"Oh Balu"||Mohanrajan||Sudharshan Ashok, Suchith Suresan||3:39|
|5.||"Nenjamellam Nindrayae"||Mohanrajan||Vijay Prakash||3:26|
|6.||"Thiru Thiru Ganatha"||Mohanrajan||Harini||4:55|
|7.||"A Square B Square Male Version"||Mohanrajan||Meghdeep Bose||2:31|
The film finished post-production in mid-2018 and the makers prepared the film for release on 4 October 2019. 
- "GV Prakash to clash with himself at the Box Office on October 4th!". in.com.
- "Will GV Prakash's 4G have 4 heroines?". 14 October 2016.
- "GV Prakash signs '100% Love' Tamil remake".
- "Will Shraddha Kapoor romance GV Prakash?".
- "Shraddha Kapoor could team up with GV Prakash Kumar". 7 May 2017.
- "Tamannah to reprise herself in remake — Telugu Movie News — IndiaGlitz".
- TOLLYWOOD (12 September 2017). "Lavanya Tripathi out, Shalini Pandey in 100% Love Tamil remake". Archived from the original on 12 October 2017. Retrieved 11 October 2017.
- "Hebah teams up with GV Prakash".
- "Lavanya to lose weight for 100% Kadhal". 2 July 2017.
- "Lavanya Tripathi, not Hebah, is the female lead in 100% Kadhal — Times of India".
- "Lavanya Tripathi walks out of 100 percent Love remake".
- "Small Confusion! Actress Lost 2 Offers". m.gulte.com.
- "Arjun Reddy heroine in 100% Love remake". The Hans India.
- "GV Prakash-Shalini Pandey's '100 % Kadhal' Goes On Floors Today". 11 October 2017.
- "It's a wrap for 100 percent Kadhal". The New Indian Express.
- "'100 Percent Kadhal'". LyricsMall. 15 August 2019. Retrieved 24 August 2019.
- "GV Prakash's '100% Kadhal' gets a release date - Times of India". The Times of India.