1000 in Norway
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||List of years in Norway|
- Leif Ericson lands in North America, calling it Vinland. This journey became the first European journey in which the continents of the Americas were discovered by European inhabitants, many years before the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus.
- September 9 - Battle of Svolder.
- "Leif Erikson (11th century)". BBC. Retrieved 20 November 2011.
- "Why Do We Celebrate Columbus Day and Not Leif Erikson Day?". National Geographic. 11 October 2015. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Norseng, Per G. "Olav Tryggvason". In Bolstad, Erik (ed.). Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Norsk nettleksikon. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
|This Norwegian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|