From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1004. For the number, see 1004 (number).
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||970s 980s 990s – 1000s – 1010s 1020s 1030s|
|Years:||1001 1002 1003 – 1004 – 1005 1006 1007|
|1004 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1757|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||癸卯年 (Water Rabbit)
3700 or 3640
— to —
甲辰年 (Wood Dragon)
3701 or 3641
|- Vikram Samvat||1060–1061|
|- Shaka Samvat||926–927|
|- Kali Yuga||4105–4106|
|Japanese calendar||Chōhō 6 / Kankō 1
|Minguo calendar||908 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1315/1316 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1546–1547|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1004.|
- December – The Samanid dynasty ends in Bokhara.
- The Liao dynasty launches a major offensive against the Song dynasty. They meet near Shanyang, north of the Song capital of Kaifeng.
- Battle of Shanzhou: The Liao dynasty general Xiao Talin is picked off by an elite Song Chinese crossbow sniper.
- May 14 – Henry II is crowned King of Italy at Pavia. A quarrel between his German companions and the Pavese erupts into a full-scale battle.
- Henry II launches war against Bolesław of Poland. It lasts until 1018.
- Boleslaus I of Poland loses Bohemia after having become duke the previous year. He is succeeded as duke of Bohemia by Jaromir.
- Sancho III becomes king of Navarre, Aragon and Castille.
- Sweyn I of Denmark destroys Norwich.
- Aberdeen becomes a bishopric.
- Arabs sack Pisa.
- The troops of the vizir Al-Mansur sack the Catalan city of Manresa.
- Pope John XVIII (1004–1009).
- November 13 – Abbon of Fleury
- Adelaide of Aquitaine, wife of Hugh Capet
- Erik the Red (or 1003) (b. 950)
- Li Jiqian, Tangut jiedushi who ruled the new Western Xia Dynasty in northwestern China (b. 963)
- Gilbert Meynier (2010) L'Algérie cœur du Maghreb classique. De l'ouverture islamo-arabe au repli (658-1518). Paris: La Découverte; pp.47.
- Boissonade, B. "Les premières croisades françaises en Espagne. Normands, Gascons, Aquitains et Bourguignons (1018-1032)". Bulletin Hispanique 36 (1): 5–28. doi:10.3406/hispa.1934.2607.