From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||980s 990s 1000s – 1010s – 1020s 1030s 1040s|
|Years:||1015 1016 1017 – 1018 – 1019 1020 1021|
|1018 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1771|
|Bahá'í calendar||−826 – −825|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丁巳年 (Fire Snake)
3714 or 3654
— to —
戊午年 (Earth Horse)
3715 or 3655
|- Vikram Samvat||1074–1075|
|- Shaka Samvat||940–941|
|- Kali Yuga||4119–4120|
|Japanese calendar||Kannin 2
|Minguo calendar||894 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1561|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1018.|
- December – Third conflict in the Goryeo–Khitan War: The Liao Dynasty (Khitan Empire) invades Goryeo.
- A Chola dynasty army invades Lanka with 150,000 troops, the largest amphibious invasion force in history to this date.
- January 30 – The Peace of Bautzen is signed between Henry II, Holy Roman Emperor, and Bolesław I Chrobry, Duke of Poland, ending the German–Polish War (1002–1018).
- July 22–23 – Bolesław I Chrobry, Duke of Poland, defeats Yaroslav the Wise in the Battle of the River Bug. Yaroslav retreats to Novogrod, abandoning Kiev.
- July 29 – Dirk III, Count of Holland, defeats an army sent by Henry II, Holy Roman Emperor, in the Battle of Vlaardingen.
- August – Leader of the remaining Bulgarian resistance, Ivats, is treacherously blinded and captured by strategos Eustathios Daphnomeles, confirming Bulgaria's position as part of the Byzantine Empire.
- August 14 – Bolesław accepts the surrender of Kiev by the Pechenegs. He reinstates Sviatopolk as Grand Prince of Kiev.
- c. October? – In Southern Italy, at the second battle of Cannae, the Lombard adventurer Melus of Bari and his Norman mercenaries are decisively defeated by the Byzantine army led by the Catepan Basil Boioannes.
- Probable date