From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1021 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Political entities - State leaders - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1021.|
- Seneqerim-Hovhannes of Vaspurakan surrenders his kingdom to the Byzantine Empire.
- Mahmud appoints Ayaz to the throne, making Lahore the capital of the Ghaznavid Empire.
- A Khitan princess is sent to marry into the Goryeo royal family, securing ties between the Koreans and the Liao Dynasty.
- The Song Dynasty Chinese capital city of Kaifeng has some half a million residents by this year; including all those present in the nine designated suburbs, the population is over a million people.
- The Chola Empire invades Bengal.
- Eudokia Makrembolitissa, empress of Byzantine Emperor Constantine X (d. 1096)
- Wang Anshi, Chinese reformer, statesman, economist, poet (d. 1086)
- Bresc, Henri (2003). "La Sicile et l'espace libyen au Moyen Age" (PDF). Retrieved 17 January 2012.