This article does not cite any sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1022 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1022.|
- Al-Muizz ibn Badis begins to rule Ifriqiya in his own right.
- The Song Dynasty Chinese military has one million registered soldiers, an increase since the turn of the 11th century, when the Song military only had nine hundred thousand soldiers.
- Byzantine emperor Basil II defeats George I of Georgia.
- A rebellion by Nikephoros Phokas Barytrachelos and Nikephoros Xiphias against Basil II fails.
- Aethelnoth, Archbishop of Canterbury, is received at Rome.
- Several Catharists are killed in Toulouse.
- The Synod of Pavia issues decrees against non-celibate clergy and against simony.
- Robert II the Pious burns some canons of St. Croix in Orléans, for holding that the world is inherently evil.
- March 23 – Emperor Zhenzong of China (b. 968)
- August 15 – Nikephoros Phokas Barytrachelos, Byzantine magnate and rebel
- September 2 – Máel Sechnaill mac Domnaill, king of Mide and High King of Ireland
- November 20 – Bernward of Hildesheim
- December 2 – Elvira Menéndez, queen of Alfonso V of Castile (b. 996)
- Olof Skötkonung, King of Sweden since 995 (b. c. 980)