This article does not cite any sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1028 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1028.|
- April 14 – Henry III, son of Conrad II, is elected king of the Germans.
- King Sancho III of Navarre conquers Castile.
- Cnut becomes king of Norway.
- November 12 – Dying Emperor Constantine VIII of the Byzantine Empire marries his daughter Zoe Porphyrogenita to his chosen heir Romanus Argyrus.
- November 15 – Romanus Argyrus becomes Eastern Roman Emperor as Romanus III.
- February 22 – Al-Juwayni , Muslim Scholar and Imam (died 1085)
- Probable date – William the Conqueror (d. 1087)
- November 11 – Emperor Constantine VIII of the Byzantine Empire (b. 960)
- Alfonso V, king of León and Galicia
- Fujiwara no Michinaga, Japanese regent (b. 966)
- Sayyida Shirin, politically active Iranian princess
- Lý Công Uẩn, Vietnamese king (b. 974)