From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1028.
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||990s 1000s 1010s – 1020s – 1030s 1040s 1050s|
|Years:||1025 1026 1027 – 1028 – 1029 1030 1031|
|1028 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1781|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丁卯年 (Fire Rabbit)
3724 or 3664
— to —
戊辰年 (Earth Dragon)
3725 or 3665
|- Vikram Samvat||1084–1085|
|- Shaka Samvat||950–951|
|- Kali Yuga||4129–4130|
|Japanese calendar||Manju 5 / Chōgen 1
|Minguo calendar||884 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1339/1340 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1570–1571|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1028.|
- April 14 – Henry III, son of Conrad II, is elected king of the Germans.
- King Sancho III of Navarre conquers Castile.
- Cnut becomes king of Norway.
- November 12 – Dying Emperor Constantine VIII of the Byzantine Empire marries his daughter Zoe Porphyrogenita to his chosen heir Romanus Argyrus.
- November 15 – Romanus Argyrus becomes Eastern Roman Emperor as Romanus III.
- Probable date – William the Conqueror (d. 1087)
- 22 February – Al-Juwayni , Muslim Scholar and Imam, Imam al Haramayn. (died 1085)
- May 5 – Alfonso V, king of León and Galicia
- November 15 – Emperor Constantine VIII of the Byzantine Empire (b. 960)
- Fujiwara no Michinaga, Japanese regent (b. 966)
- Lý Công Uẩn, Vietnamese king (b. 974)