|1034 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1034.|
- April 11 – Empress Zoe of Byzantium marries her chamberlain, and elevates him to the throne of the Eastern Roman Empire, as Michael IV.
- November 25 – King Malcolm II of Scotland dies in battle at Glamis. He is succeeded by Duncan, son of his second daughter, rather than Macbeth, son of his eldest.
- Franche-Comté becomes subject to the Holy Roman Empire.
- In al-Andalus, benefiting from the weakening of the Muslim central authority, the count of Portugal, Gonçalo Maia, conquers Montemor-o-Velho.
- The heir to the displaced Balhae kings revolts against the Liao dynasty, and flees to Goryeo when defeated.
- March 21 – Ezzo, Count Palatine of Lotharingia (b. 955)
- April 11 – Romanos III Argyros, Eastern Roman Emperor (b. 968)
- November 9 – Oldřich, Duke of Bohemia (b. c. 975)
- November 19 – Theodoric II, Margrave of Lower Lusatia (b. c. 990)
- Hawise of Normandy, Duchess consort regent of Brittany
- November 25 – King Malcolm II of Scotland
- Mieszko II of Poland (b. 990)
- Meynier, Gilbert (2010). L'Algérie cœur du Maghreb classique: De l'ouverture islamo-arabe au repli (658-1518). Paris: La Découverte. p. 50.