From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1038 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Political entities - State leaders - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1038.|
- The name of Versailles, then a small village, appears for the first time in a medieval charter in France.
- In the Muslim kingdom of Zaragoza, the ruling Banu Tujibi clan is deposed by Suleiman Al-Mustain I ibn Hud, who starts the Huddid Dynasty, which rules over the region for a century (possibly 1039).
- August 15 – Saint Stephen I, first king of Hungary
- November 1 – Herman I, Margrave of Meissen (b. c. 980)
- Aethelnoth, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Alhazen, Persian mathematician
- Gunhilda of Denmark, queen consort of Germany (b. c. 1020)
- William VI of Aquitaine
- Stalls, Clay (1995). Possessing the land: Aragon's expansion into Islam's Ebro frontier under Alfonso the Battler, 1104-1134. Brill. p. viii. ISBN 90-04-10367-8.