104th Logistic Support Brigade (United Kingdom)
|104th Logistic Support Brigade|
|Part of||Force Troops Command|
|Garrison/HQ||Duke of Gloucester Barracks, South Cerney|
The Brigade commands Land Forces' logistic enabling capabilities:
- Postal and Courier Services.
- Movement Control.
- Air Dispatch.
- Port and Maritime (which includes a Vehicle Specialist).
- Operational Hygiene.
- Attached medical assets, field hospitals, field ambulances and medical support squadrons.
- Mortuary Affairs.
With these capabilities, the Brigade activates strategic and operational Lines of Communications; mounting and deploying forces that provide specialist logistic support effects in support of joint expeditionary and enduring operations.
The Brigade Headquarters provides operational command to 5 Regular and 4 Territorial Army (TA) units; of which 8 are Royal Logistic Corps (RLC).
Over and above deploying forces to enable and support world-wide operations and overseas training exercises, the Brigade operates the Joint Air Mounting Centre (JAMC) at Duke of Gloucester Barracks and facilitates, through 17 Port & Maritime Regiment RLC, the Sea Mounting Centre (SMC) at Marchwood Military Port, near Southampton, ensuring that the UK end of deployments are fully enabled and effective at all times. The headquarters itself is deployable in the Force Support command and control role.
The brigade consists of the following units:
- 104 Logistic Support Brigade in South Cerney
- 17 Port and Maritime Regiment Royal Logistic Corps in Marchwood
- 165 (Wessex) Port and Enabling Regiment Royal Logistic Corps in Plymouth (Army Reserve – paired with 17 Port and Maritime Regiment)
- 29 Postal Courier and Movement Regiment Royal Logistic Corps in South Cerney
- 162 Postal Courier and Movement Regiment Royal Logistic Corps in Nottingham (Army Reserve) (paired with 29 Postal Courier and Movement Regiment)
- 152 Fuel Support Regiment Royal Logistic Corps in Belfast (Army Reserve)
- 167 Catering Support Regiment Royal Logistic Corps in Grantham (Army Reserve)
- 2 Operational Support Group (Logistic and Movement Staff) in Grantham (Army Reserve)
- "104 Logistic Support Brigade". Ministry of Defence. Retrieved 20 December 2014.