|Broadcast area||York Region|
|Branding||105.9 The Region|
(also on HD Radio)
|First air date||February 5, 2014|
|Format||Analog/HD1: adult contemporary, ethnic
HD2/HD3: South Asian programming
HD4: Chinese pop music
CFMS-FM is a FM radio station, transmitting at 105.9 MHz from Markham, Ontario, Canada. The station broadcasts a mixed format, with daytime programming featuring English-language adult contemporary music along with news, weather and traffic information targeted to York Region, and evening programming featuring a multilingual ethnic format in multiple languages, including Cantonese, Filipino, Hindi, Mandarin, Punjabi, Tamil and Urdu.
On September 11, 2012, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) approved Bhupinder Bola's application to operate a new FM commercial FM radio programming undertaking in Markham.
The station officially launched on February 5, 2014. The station has also expressed interest in testing HD Radio for the purposes of offering time shifting for its listeners, in case they missed earlier programming.
On April 23, 2015, the CRTC denied an application by Radio Markham York Incorporated to add a new transmitter in Aurora to operate at 91.7 MHz channel 219A) with an average effective radiated power (ERP) of 45 watts (maximum ERP of 150 watts with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 179.5 metres). 
- "York Region radio station launches with emphasis on traffic and weather". Toronto Star, February 5, 2014.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-487, Licensing of new radio stations to serve Markham, CRTC, September 11, 2012
- http://hdradio.com/canada/find-hd-radio-canadian-station HD Radio Guide for Canada
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-159, CFMS-FM Markham – New transmitter in Aurora, CRTC, April 23, 2015
- Official website
- CFMS-FM history - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CFMS-FM