|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
Events and trends
- 1054 BC The Supernovae that forms the Crab Nebula occurred.
- 1054 BC Shamshi-Adad IV, son of Tiglath-Pileser I, usurps the Assyrian throne from his nephew, Eriba-Adad II.
- 1053 BC—Death of Kang, king of the Zhou of ancient China. In September, a five-planetary alignment occurs.
- 1052 BC—Zhao succeeds Kang.
- 1051 BC—Saul becomes the first King of Ancient Israel.
- 1050 BC—Death of Shamshi-Adad IV; his son, Ashurnasirpal I, succeeds him as King of Assyria.
- 1050 BC—Philistines capture the Ark of the Covenant from Israel in battle. (Approximate date)
- c. 1050 BC—Shang Dynasty ends in Ancient China, replaced by the Zhou Dynasty.
- c. 1050 BC—Proto-Geometric period starts in Ancient Greece.