This article does not cite any sources. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|106 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||859|
|Balinese saka calendar||27–28|
|Chinese calendar||乙巳年 (Wood Snake)|
2802 or 2742
— to —
丙午年 (Fire Horse)
2803 or 2743
|Coptic calendar||−178 – −177|
|- Vikram Samvat||162–163|
|- Shaka Samvat||27–28|
|- Kali Yuga||3206–3207|
|Iranian calendar||516 BP – 515 BP|
|Islamic calendar||532 BH – 531 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1806 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||417/418 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||648–649|
232 or −149 or −921
— to —
233 or −148 or −920
Year 106 (CVI) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Commodus and Civica (or, less frequently, year 859 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 106 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Ignatius writes a letter to Christians in Smyrna (around this year) where the term Catholic Church is used. This is the earliest surviving witness to the use of the term "Catholic Church".
- Emperor Trajan conquers the Dacian Fortresses of the Orăştie Mountains and surrounds the capital, Sarmizegetusa. The Dacians are defeated in the Battle of Sarmizegetusa, the city is encircled with a circumvallation line. When the Romans destroy the water pipes, king Decebalus flees and commits suicide.
- On August 11, the south-eastern part of Dacia (modern Romania) becomes a Roman province: Roman Dacia. The veterans of the legions are given land in the new province for their service in the Roman army.
- Trajan annexes Nabataean Arabia (with its capital Petra) as a Roman province.
- Aelian writes his Taktike Theoria (probable date).
- Change of Han Hedi to Han Shangdi of the Chinese Eastern Han Dynasty. First and the only year of yanping era.
- Change of Han Shangdi to Han Andi of the Chinese Eastern Han Dynasty.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2016)
- 13 February — Emperor He of Han (Han Hedi) of the Chinese Eastern Han Dynasty (b. AD 79)
- August or September – Han Shangdi of the Chinese Eastern Han Dynasty (b. 105)
- date unknown