|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Centuries:||1st century · 2nd century · 3rd century|
|Decades:||70s · 80s · 90s · 100s · 110s · 120s · 130s|
|Years:||103 · 104 · 105 · 106 · 107 · 108 · 109|
|106 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||859|
|Chinese calendar||乙巳年 (Wood Snake)
2802 or 2742
— to —
丙午年 (Fire Horse)
2803 or 2743
|Coptic calendar||−178 – −177|
|- Vikram Samvat||162–163|
|- Shaka Samvat||27–28|
|- Kali Yuga||3206–3207|
|Iranian calendar||516 BP – 515 BP|
|Islamic calendar||532 BH – 531 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1806 before ROC
|Seleucid era||417/418 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||648–649|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 106.|
Year 106 (CVI) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Commodus and Civica (or, less frequently, year 859 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 106 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Ignatius writes a letter to Christians in Smyrna (around this year) where the term Catholic Church is used. This is the earliest surviving witness to the use of the term "Catholic Church".
- Emperor Trajan conquers the Dacian Fortresses of the Orăştie Mountains and surrounds the capital, Sarmizegetusa. The Dacians are defeated in the Battle of Sarmizegetusa, the city is encircled with a circumvallation line. When the Romans destroyed the water pipes, king Decebalus flees and commits suicide.
- In August 11, the south-eastern part of Dacia (modern Romania) becomes a Roman province: Roman Dacia. The veterans of the legions are given land in the new province for their service in the Roman army.
- Trajan annexes Nabataean Arabia (with its capital Petra) as a Roman province.
- Aelian writes his Taktike Theoria (probable date).
- Change of Han Hedi to Han Shangdi of the Chinese Eastern Han Dynasty. First and the only year of yanping era.
- Change of Han Shangdi to Han Andi of the Chinese Eastern Han Dynasty.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2016)|
- Decebalus, King of Dacia (87–106) commits suicide, being pursued by the Romans.
- Han Hedi of the Chinese Eastern Han Dynasty (b. 79)
- August or September – Han Shangdi of the Chinese Eastern Han Dynasty (b. 105)
- Liu Qing, Chinese prince (b. 78)