1070s in architecture
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1060s . 1070s in architecture . 1080s|
- 1070 - Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim, Norway, begun.
- 1070 - Rebuilding of Canterbury Cathedral in England following a fire.
- 1070 - Rebuilding of York Minster in England begins.
- 1070 - Construction of Dudley Castle in England by Ansculf de Picquigny begins.
- 1070 - Construction of Richmond Castle in Yorkshire, England begins.
- 1072 - Construction of Lincoln Cathedral in England begins.
- 1075 - Würzburg Cathedral reconstruction completed (begun in 1045).
- 1075 - Santiago de Compostela Cathedral in Galicia (Spain) begun. Tympanum dated 1078.
- 1076 - Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert Abbey in France completed.
- 1077 - Abbey of Saint-Étienne, Caen, Normandy consecrated.
- 1077 - Current Bayeux Cathedral, Normandy consecrated.
- 1077 - Construction of St Albans Cathedral begins in England.
- 1078 - Construction of Colchester Castle begins in England under the direction of Bishop Gundulf of Rochester.
- 1078 (approx.) - White Tower (Tower of London) begun under the direction of Bishop Gundulf of Rochester.
- 1078 (approx.) - Duomo of Pisa, Tuscany completed.
- 1079 - Rebuilding of Winchester Cathedral begun.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2010)
- "The History of Canterbury Cathedral". Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- Palmer, Alan; Veronica (1992). The Chronology of British History. London: Century Ltd. pp. 53–55. ISBN 0-7126-5616-2.
- "Lincoln Cathedral website". Archived from the original on 10 January 2008. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- "St Albans Cathedral website". Archived from the original on 2007-12-02. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- Sutton, Ian (1999). Architecture, from Ancient Greece to the Present. London: Thames & Hudson. ISBN 978-0-500-20316-3.