1070s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1060s . 1070s in architecture . 1080s|
- 1070 - Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim, Norway, begun.
- 1070 - Rebuilding of Canterbury Cathedral in England following a fire.
- 1070 - Rebuilding of York Minster in England begins.
- 1070 - Construction of Dudley Castle in England by Ansculf de Picquigny begins.
- 1070 - Construction of Richmond Castle in Yorkshire, England begins.
- 1072 - Construction of Lincoln Cathedral in England begins.
- 1075 - Würzburg Cathedral reconstruction completed (begun in 1045).
- 1075 - Santiago de Compostela Cathedral in Galicia (Spain) begun. Tympanum dated 1078.
- 1076 - Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert Abbey in France completed.
- 1077 - Abbey of Saint-Étienne, Caen, Normandy consecrated.
- 1077 - Current Bayeux Cathedral, Normandy consecrated.
- 1077 - Construction of St Albans Cathedral begins in England.
- 1078 - Construction of Colchester Castle begins in England under the direction of Bishop Gundulf of Rochester.
- 1078 (approx.) - White Tower (Tower of London) begun under the direction of Bishop Gundulf of Rochester.
- 1078 (approx.) - Duomo of Pisa, Tuscany completed.
- 1079 - Rebuilding of Winchester Cathedral begun.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2010)|
- "The History of Canterbury Cathedral". Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- Palmer, Alan; Veronica (1992). The Chronology of British History. London: Century Ltd. pp. 53–55. ISBN 0-7126-5616-2.
- "Lincoln Cathedral website". Archived from the original on 10 January 2008. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- "St Albans Cathedral website". Archived from the original on 2007-12-02. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- Sutton, Ian (1999). Architecture, from Ancient Greece to the Present. London: Thames & Hudson. ISBN 978-0-500-20316-3.