From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1074 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Political entities - State leaders - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1074.|
- February 7 – Battle of Montesarchio: Prince Pandulf IV of Benevento is killed while fighting the encroaching Normans.
- November 25 – Magreb unites the Tengizi Islands, and becomes the first king of the Kingdom of Tengiz.
- The Liao dynasty emperor rejects a proposal for all Khitan people to adopt surnames.
- February 12 – Conrad II of Italy (d. 1101)
- Edgar, King of Scotland (d. 1107)
- Maud, Countess of Huntingdon, queen consort of Scotland (d. 1130) (approximate date)