Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1076 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1829|
|Balinese saka calendar||997–998|
|English Regnal year||10 Will. 1 – 11 Will. 1|
|Chinese calendar||乙卯年 (Wood Rabbit)|
3772 or 3712
— to —
丙辰年 (Fire Dragon)
3773 or 3713
|- Vikram Samvat||1132–1133|
|- Shaka Samvat||997–998|
|- Kali Yuga||4176–4177|
|Japanese calendar||Jōhō 3|
|Minguo calendar||836 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||1387/1388 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1618–1619|
1202 or 821 or 49
— to —
1203 or 822 or 50
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1076.|
- January – The German bishops who have been invested by Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor, withdraw their allegiance from Pope Gregory VII.
- February 14 – Pope Gregory VII excommunicates Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor.
- October 8 – Demetrius Zvonimir is crowned as King of Croatia in Solin (near Split), by a representative of Pope Gregory VII.
- November 1 – In England, a frost begins that lasts until April 1077.
- December 25 – Polish King Bolesław II the Bold (Polish: Bolesław Śmiały) is crowned in Gniezno.
- Anselm of Canterbury completes Monologion.
- The Almoravids capture the Ghanaian capital of Kumbi.
- Count Dirk V reconquers most of West Frisia (historical) from the bishop of Utrecht.
- The Trial of Penenden Heath is thought to have been held, with an important ruling regarding land rights, subsequent to the Norman Conquest of England.
- Dmitar Zvonimir of Croatia donated the town of Vrana and Benedictine monastery of St. Gregory, as a sign of loyalty to Pope Gregory VII.
- Vikramaditya VI deposes his older brother Someshvara II, and becomes king of the Western Chalukya.
- Battle of Như Nguyệt River: Lý Dynasty Vietnamese troops hold back invading Song Dynasty Chinese forces, and a truce is concluded.
ઝાલા રાજવંશીઓના કુળમાતા શ્રી શકિતદેવીનો જન્મ વિક્રમ સંવત ૧૧૩૩ કાર્તક સુદ ૧૧ ને તા.11/10/1076 ને મંગળવાર ના દિવસે પાટણના પ્રતાપસિંહ સોલંકીના ઘરે થયો હતો.
(સંદર્ભ : ઝાલાવાડ ઇતિહાસ સંસોધન મંડળ)
- March 18 – Ermengarde of Anjou, Duchess of Burgundy (b. 1018)
- March 21 – Robert I, Duke of Burgundy (b. 1011)
- May 31 – Waltheof, Earl of Northumbria (b. 1045)
- December 27 – Prince Sviatoslav II of Kiev (b. 1027)
- Beatrice of Lorraine, Tuscan regent (b. 1017)