From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1082 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Political entities - State leaders - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1082.|
- Construction of the Rochester Cathedral is completed in England.
- Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor besieges Rome and gains entry; a synod is agreed upon by the Romans, to rule on the dispute between Henry and Pope Gregory VII.
- Ottokar II succeeds his brother Adalbero (died 1086 or 1087), as margrave of Styria.
- The Korean printing of the entire Buddhist Tripitaka is completed.
- A military campaign advised by Song Dynasty statesman Shen Kuo fails.
- The first mention of the German town of Hofgeismar is recorded.