Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1082 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1835|
|Balinese saka calendar||1003–1004|
|English Regnal year||16 Will. 1 – 17 Will. 1|
|Chinese calendar||辛酉年 (Metal Rooster)|
3778 or 3718
— to —
壬戌年 (Water Dog)
3779 or 3719
|- Vikram Samvat||1138–1139|
|- Shaka Samvat||1003–1004|
|- Kali Yuga||4182–4183|
|Japanese calendar||Eihō 2|
|Minguo calendar||830 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||1393/1394 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1624–1625|
1208 or 827 or 55
— to —
1209 or 828 or 56
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1082.|
- Construction of the Rochester Cathedral is completed in England.
- Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor besieges Rome and gains entry; a synod is agreed upon by the Romans, to rule on the dispute between Henry and Pope Gregory VII.
- Ottokar II succeeds his brother Adalbero (died 1086 or 1087), as margrave of Styria.
- The Korean printing of the entire Buddhist Tripitaka is completed.
- A military campaign advised by Song Dynasty statesman Shen Kuo fails.
- The first mention of the German town of Hofgeismar is recorded.
- June 7 – Emperor Huizong of China (d. 1135)
- Queen Urraca of Castile (d. 1129)
- Petronilla of Lorraine, regent of Holland (d. 1144)