Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1093 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1093.|
- April – Sviatopolk II becomes Grand Prince of Kiev, and ruler of Kievan Rus'.
- March 6 – The Frankish monk, philosopher and theologian Anselm is nominated as Archbishop of Canterbury; he is consecrated on December 4.
- April 8 – Construction of Winchester Cathedral, by Bishop Walkelin in England, is completed.
- May 26 – Battle of the Stugna River: The Cuman people defeat the princes of Kievan Rus'.
- September – Magnus Barefoot is crowned king of Norway.
- August 11 – Construction of Durham Cathedral in England begins.
- November 13 – Battle of Alnwick: Malcolm III of Scotland, while attempting to invade England, is defeated and killed by the forces of William II of England. Malcolm's brother Donald takes the Scottish throne.
- Normans occupy southern Wales, constructing Cardiff and Pembroke Castles.
- Henry of Burgundy becomes Count of Portugal, through his marriage to Theresa, Countess of Portugal.
- Saint Canute's Cathedral is built in Odense, Denmark.
- Fire causes extensive damage in London.
- January 16 – Isaac Komnenos, sebastokrator of the Byzantine Empire (died c. 1152)
- date unknown - King Conrad III of Germany (died 1152)
- April 13 – Prince Vsevolod I of Kiev (b. 1030)
- August 29 – Hugh I, Duke of Burgundy (b. 1057)
- August – Count Alan Rufus of Richmond, England
- September – Olaf III of Norway (b. c.1050)
- November 13 – King Malcolm III of Scotland (b. 1031)
- November 16 – Saint Margaret of Scotland, saint and queen consort of Scotland by marriage to King Malcolm III of Scotland
- date unknown