10 Corso Como
10 Corso Como is a shopping and dining complex in Milan, Italy. It combines outlets that show and sell works of art, fashion, music, design, cuisine and culture. It was founded in 1990 by gallerist and publisher Carla Sozzani.
The complex began with an art gallery and a bookshop. Other spaces soon followed: a design and fashion store in 1991, the 10 Corso Como Cafè in 1998, a small hotel (with only three rooms) in 2003, and the Roof Garden in 2009.
10 Corso Como and the 10 Corso Como logo are designed by American artist Kris Ruhs. In 2002, 10 Corso Como opened in Tokyo in partnership with Comme des Garçons, designed by Rei Kawakubo and Kris Ruhs.
On 9 September 2011, 10 Corso Como celebrated its 20-year anniversary. On 31 March 2012, 10 Corso Como opened its second location in Seoul - 10 Corso Como at Avenue L, also designed by Kris Ruhs.
In July 2017 it was announced that the original building in Milan, which houses an exhibition space, a library, a garden cafe and a research boutique in 3,000 m², was sold for just under €30 million euro to the founders and former owners of TwinSet, entrepreneur Tiziano Sgarbi and designer Simona Barbieri, who plan to partner with Carla Sozzani on the retail offering but totally change the management of the restaurant, bar, bookshop and boutique hotel.
In popular culture
- Norwich, William (2003-09-21). "Over the Store". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- Johnstone, Nick (2005-05-24). "Why I love 10 Corso Como". The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- "10 Corso Como to Open Second Seoul Location". Women's Wear Daily. 13 February 2012.
- "Carla Sozzani Enjoys Some Seaside Solitude". Wall Street Journal. 25 February 2011.
- "Into Milan". Evening Standard. 3 March 2006.
- "'I feel best in Paris or Portofino'". Financial Times. 18 August 2007.
- Trebay, Guy (2000-10-10). "Reporter's Notebook; Fashion Magazines In 3 Dimensions". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- "An interview with Carla Sozzani". The New York Times. 25 September 2011.
- "La Dolce Vita; A former Vogue editor on why art is at the heart of her home". Daily Mail. 28 August 2006.
- "Catching the Retail Trends in Bustling Shanghai". The New York Times. 2013-09-22. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
- (in Spanish) Dominique Muret, De Colette a 10 Corso Como, la distribución de moda en entredicho Fashion Network 13 julio 2017
- (in Japanese) 丸山 瑠璃, ミラノのセレクトショップ「10 コルソ コモ」入居ビルが売却 WWD JAPAN 2017/7/13
- (in Italian) Dieci Srl: «Il concept 10 Corso Como non cambierà né ora, né mai» 17 luglio 2017
- (in Italian) MARGHERITA CALABI, Colette e 10 Corso Como: la fine di un’epoca? 12 luglio 2017
- Park, Jin-hai (7 May 2013). "Psy showcases Korean fashion: 10 Corso Como Seoul offers fashion and culture in new Gangnam style". Korea Times. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- 10 Corso Como
- 10 Corso Como - The shop on line
- 3 Rooms hotel at 10 corso como
- Galleria Carla Sozzani