10 Days Late
|"10 Days Late"|
|Single by Third Eye Blind|
|from the album Blue|
|Third Eye Blind singles chronology|
"10 Days Late" is a song by the American alternative rock band Third Eye Blind. It was released in March 2000 as the third single from the band's 1999 album Blue. It peaked at #21 on the Alternative Songs chart. A music video was shot for the single.
"10 Days Late" was written by band members Stephan Jenkins and Arion Salazar. The song is about a friend of Jenkins who had gotten his girlfriend pregnant at a young age; Jenkins was the baby's godfather.
According to Jenkins: "This [song] is more than just a modern rock hit about menstruation. It's sort of acknowledging how life is going to come along, and your status quo will be interrupted. It's gonna happen."
"10 Days Late" spent 10 weeks on the US Billboard Alternative Songs chart. It peaked at #21 on June 17, 2000.
|US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks||21|
- "10 Days Late - Third Eye Blind". billboard.com. Retrieved March 19, 2011.
- Pesselnick, Jill. "The Modern Age". Billboard, July 8, 2000, p. 77.
- Gottlieb, Meridith. "Third Eye Blind 'Late' For New Video". mtv.com, April 20, 2000. Retrieved June 26, 2011.
- "Blue - Third Eye Blind". allmusic.com. Retrieved June 26, 2011.
- "A Collection - Third Eye Blind". allmusic.com. Retrieved June 26, 2011.
- on YouTube, July 20, 2010. Retrieved June 26, 2011.