10 Universal City Plaza
|10 Universal City Plaza|
10 UCP in 2014
|Alternative names||10 UCP
Getty Oil Building
|Location||10 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, Los Angeles, California
|Roof||154.23 m (506.0 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill|
|Developer||Broadway Partners Fund Manager|
|Main contractor||Hathaway Dinwiddie|
10 Universal City Plaza (10 UCP) is a 35-story, 154.23 m (506.0 ft) rhombic skyscraper in the Universal City/Studio City and Burbank Media District submarket of Los Angeles, California. The tower was completed in 1984 by Hathaway Dinwiddie, and was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, and contains 820,000 sq ft (76,000 m2) of office space. It is the tallest building in the San Fernando Valley.
French conglomerate Vivendi Universal sold the building to CarrAmerica Realty Corporation and Beacon Capital Partners in 2003, for $190 million. CarrAmerica have owned 80% of this building, while Vivendi and NBC Universal own the remainder. The building was sold to Broadway Partners in December 2006. The firm lost control of the building in March 2008 in an auction to a partnership between Normandy Real Estate Partners and Five Mile Capital Partners for $306 million after Broadway failed to service its massive debt load.
The building is home to NBCUniversal; owner of NBC, Telemundo, USA Network, and Syfy. The property is home to The Terrace Studios at 10UCP, a broadcast facility housing two sound stages and their accompanying facilities. Entertainment News Programs Access Hollywood and Access Hollywood LIVE began broadcast from this facility in June of 2015. The tower is home to the show's offices and newsroom facility. Other tenants include commercial real estate firm CB Richard Ellis
- Miller, Daniel (3 October 2013). "Comcast purchases Universal City tower for about $420 million". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- 10 Universal City Plaza at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- 10 Universal City Plaza at Emporis
- 10 Universal City Plaza at SkyscraperPage
- 10 Universal City Plaza at Structurae
- "Broadway Partners Fund Manager, LLC". Archived from the original on 2009-04-26. Retrieved 2009-03-31.
- Wei, Lingling (2009-04-01). "Half-Price Sale: Boston's Hancock Tower". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on 2009-04-26. Retrieved 2009-03-31.