10th Fighter Wing
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|10th Fighter Wing|
|Active||1 October 1942 – 1 December 1943|
|Disbanded||1 December 1943|
|Allegiance||United States Air Force|
|Role||Fighter Command and Control|
The 10th Fighter Wing was a unit of the United States Army Air Forces. Its last assignment was with the Fourth Air Force, based at Hamilton Army Airfield, California. It was inactivated on 1 December 1943.
Assigned to Fourth Air Force as prewar Pursuit Wing, remained active at Hamilton Field, California until 1 December 1943.
- Constituted as 10th Pursuit Wing on 1 December 1940
- Activated on 10 December 1940
- Inactivated on 7 December 1941.
- Redesignated 10th Fighter Wing and activated on 1 October 1942
- Inactivated on 1 May 1943
- Disbanded on 1 December 1943
- Southwest Air District (later 4th Air Force), 10 December 1940 – 1 May 1943.
- Hamilton Field, California, 10 December 1940 – 1 May 1943
- 20th Fighter Group, 18 December 1940 – 1 October 1941
- 35th Fighter Group, 9 December 1941 – 12 January 1942
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- US Army Air Force Units 1941-1945