10th Force Support Battalion (Australia)
|10th Force Support Battalion|
Landing Craft Mechanised Type 8 (LMC8) operated by 35th Water Transport Squadron
|Active||1998 – Present|
|Part of||17th Combat Service Support Brigade|
|Garrison/HQ||HQ at Lavarack Barracks, Townsville|
|Decorations||Meritorious Unit Citation|
|Unit Colour Patch|
The 10th Force Support Battalion (10 FSB) is an Australian Army logistics battalion and is part of the 17th Combat Service Support Brigade. Its role is to provide third line or 'general' support within an area of operations.
10FSB was formed on 1 March 1998, following the amalgamation of the 10th Terminal Regiment, 2nd Field Logistics Battalion and the 1st Division Postal Unit.
The 10th Force Support Battalion currently consists of:
- Battalion Headquarters
- 10th Logistic Support Company
- 2nd Force Supply Company
- 30th Terminal Squadron
- 35th Water Transport Squadron
- Ship’s Army Detachment HMAS Choules
- "10th Force Support Battalion". Australian Army. 13 March 2012. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "A decade of specialised support - Army's 10 Force Support Battalion" (PDF). The Link – Defence Logistics Magazine (3): 18–23. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "10FSB citation win". Army. Australian Army. 25 April 2002. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- Kehoe, Mick (2000). The Force Behind the Force, 10 Force Support Battalion in East Timor 20 September 1999 – 20 February 2000. Russell Island: 10 FSB.