The tenth millennium of the Gregorian calendar will begin on January 1, 9001, and end on December 31, 10000.
All these dates are in a uniform time scale such as Terrestrial Time. When converted to our ordinary solar time or Universal Time, which is decidedly non-uniform, via ΔT, the dates would be a couple of days earlier. Furthermore, they are only astronomical dates, so they are given in the astronomical format of Year Month Day, which allows them to be ordered.
- 9106 November 5: Venus occults Regulus.
- 9168 November 21: Mean solar time and atomic time will be two days apart.
- 9361 August 4: Simultaneous annular solar eclipse and transit of Mercury.
- 9622 February 4: Simultaneous annular solar eclipse and transit of Mercury.
- 9682 November 16: Mercury occults Regulus.
- 9847 November 21: Mars occults Regulus.
- c. 9800: Earth's roughly 26,000 year route of axial precession returns to Deneb as the North star.
- 9966 August 11: Simultaneous total solar eclipse and transit of Mercury.
Year 10,000 problem
Software that encodes the CE / AD calendar year of a date as a four-character binary-coded decimal will no longer be able to encode the contemporaneous date. This problem will possibly occur from midnight on January 1, 10000.
- In the Futurama episode "The Late Philip J. Fry", the Professor, Bender and Fry travel in the Professor's Time Machine in which they find a five-times over Post-Apocalyptic future in the year 10,000. There is a ruin of the human Statue of Liberty in line with four others, one of an ape, bird, cow and a slug-like creature.
- In The Simpsons episode "Replaceable You", Lisa Simpson says her science fair project proves that an asteroid will strike the earth on July 15, 9789. To this Bart replies: "Who cares? I'll be President of Hell by then."
- In Aqua Teen Hunger Force the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future also refers to 9595 and is from this year.
- In the song "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans, it is predicted that humankind will have exhausted all planetary resources by the year 9595.
- The Long Now Foundation, a non-profit that encourages long-term thinking with one practical application of using a leading zero to form dates (such as October 21, 02015).
- Solar eclipses during transits; One hundred millennium catalog 50 000 BC - 50 000 AD
- "Deneb". University of Illinois. 2009. Retrieved 5 September 2011.