Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1101 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1101 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||1854|
|Balinese saka calendar||1022–1023|
|English Regnal year||1 Hen. 1 – 2 Hen. 1|
|Chinese calendar||庚辰年 (Metal Dragon)|
3797 or 3737
— to —
辛巳年 (Metal Snake)
3798 or 3738
|- Vikram Samvat||1157–1158|
|- Shaka Samvat||1022–1023|
|- Kali Yuga||4201–4202|
|Japanese calendar||Kōwa 3|
|Minguo calendar||811 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||1412/1413 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1643–1644|
1227 or 846 or 74
— to —
1228 or 847 or 75
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1101.|
- April – King Baldwin I of Jerusalem captures Arsuf and Caesarea.
- Crusade of 1101: A second wave of European crusaders attempts to cross Anatolia, to reach the Kingdom of Jerusalem. They are heavily defeated by the Seljuq troops of Kilij Arslan I at Heraclea Cybistra, and just a handful of knights manage to reach Palestine.
- June 20 – Robert Curthose, duke of Normandy, lands at Portsmouth, to try to take the throne of England from his brother, Henry. In July that year, he signs the Treaty of Alton, giving up his claim to the Anglo-Norman throne, and establishing Henry I as King of England.
- June 22 – At birth, Roger II becomes count of Sicily and duke of Calabria. His mother becomes regent.
- August – The troops of the Almoravid ruler, Yusuf ibn Tashfin, besiege Valencia, which is defended by Jimena Díaz, widow of El Cid. The city holds until May 1102.
- Fall – Countess Mathilda takes Ferrara.
- November – At the death of his father, Welf I, Duke of Bavaria, Welf II, Duke of Bavaria becomes duke of Bavaria.
- The County of Berg, Germany is established.
- April 19 – Canute II of Denmark is canonized.
- At the death of antipope Theodoric, the partisans of the Holy Roman Emperor choose Albert as the new antipope.
- Fontevraud Abbey is established.
- February 12 – Emperor Daozong of Liao, emperor of the Liao dynasty (b. 1032)
- June 22 – Count Roger I of Sicily (b. 1031)
- July 27
- September – Ida of Austria, Austrian duchess and crusader (b. 1055)
- October 6 – Bruno of Cologne, German founder of the Carthusian order
- October 18 – Hugh of Vermandois, son of Henry I of France (b. 1053).
- November 6 – Welf I, Duke of Bavaria
- date unknown