1101 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||Other events of 1101
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1101 in Ireland.
- Muirchertach Ua Briain of the Dál gCais proclaims himself High King of Ireland.
- At the Synod of Cashel, Muirchertach Ua Briain grants Cashel to the church as the seat of a metropolitan bishop.
- Muirchertach Ua Briain destroys the ringfort at Grianan of Aileach.
- Sailors from overseas raid Scattery Island.
- Gillafin mac Coulahan, King of Síol Anmchadha, is killed and succeeded by his predecessor's son, Diarmaid Ua Madadhan.
- Foster, R. F. (1989). The Oxford Illustrated History of Ireland. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0198229704.
- Power, Rosemary (2005). "Meeting in Norway: Norse-Gaelic relations in the kingdom of Man and the Isles, 1090-1270" (PDF). Saga-book. Viking Society for Northern Research, University College London. XXIX (196): 15. ISSN 0305-9219.
- Annals of the Four Masters.