Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1109 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1109 in poetry|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1109.|
- The Almoravid Ali ibn Yusuf organizes an auto-da-fé of the works of Al-Ghazali, in front of the Great Mosque of Cordoba.
- Fulk V becomes Count of Anjou.
- August 10 – Battle of Nakło: The Poles, led by Bolesław III Wrymouth, defeat the Pomeranians.
- August 24 – Battle of Głogów: The Poles defeat the Holy Roman Empire.
- Alfonso I of Aragon marries Urraca of Castile.
- The Almoravid army, led by Ali ibn Yusuf, fails to reconquer Toledo (lost in 1085).
- July 25 – King Afonso I of Portugal (d. 1185; birthdate disputed)
- Queen Gongye, Korean queen consort (d. 1183)
- April 21 – Anselm of Canterbury, Archbishop of Canterbury
- April 28 – Abbot Hugh of Cluny (b. 1024)
- July 1 – King Alfonso VI of León and Castile (b. 1040)
- William-Jordan, Count of Cerdagne and Tripoli
- Eupraxia of Kiev, Holy Roman Empress consort (b. 1070)
- Gilbert Meynier (2010) L'Algérie cœur du Maghreb classique. De l'ouverture islamo-arabe au repli (658-1518). Paris: La Découverte; pp.86.
- Gilbert Meynier (2010) L'Algérie cœur du Maghreb classique. De l'ouverture islamo-arabe au repli (658-1518). Paris: La Découverte; pp.84.